LEFT POLITICS IN SOUTH ASIA: Reframing the Agenda
Author(s) : Ravi Kumar ,
Region : World | Language : English | Product Binding : Hardbound | Page No. : 320 | Year : 2019
ISBN : 9789350025864
INR : 795
Change can be seen vividly in the larger political economy and its reflections in the spheres of resistance and mobilisation. Located within the context of 'weakening' of Left Politics not only in electoral terms (except Nepal) but also organisational capability in whole of South Asia this volume brings in diverse discourses to explore need for reframing the left agenda. Some chapters give us a chronology of how the left politics has evolved while others are prompting questions concerning questions of gender and sexuality, unionism and mass mobilisation in the new political contexts. This is not a conclusive volume posing questions and giving solutions for the left politics rather it is an effort to provoke a debate regarding possible interventions within the sphere of left politics.
Ravi Kumar teaches Sociology at South Asian University, New Delhi.
His other books are:
- Contemporary Readings in Marxism: A Critical Introduction - http://aakarbooks.com/details.php?bid=46
- Education, State and Market: Anatomy of Neoliberal Impact - http://aakarbooks.com/details.php?bid=184
- Ghetto and Within; Class, Identity, State and Political Mobilisation - http://aakarbooks.com/details.php?bid=404
- The Heart of the Matter: Development, Identity and Violence - Reconfiguring the Debate - http://aakarbooks.com/details.php?bid=388
- The Politics of Imperialism and Counterstrategies - http://aakarbooks.com/details.php?bid=605
HOW REVOLUTIONARY WERE THE BOURGEOIS REVOLUTIONS?
Neil Davidson ,
Customs in Common
E P Thompson ,
Howard Zinn Speaks: Collected Speeches 1963-2009
Anthony Arnove ,
Lineages of Revolt: Issues of Contemporary Capitalism in the Middle East
Adam Hanieh ,
Alexandra Kollontai: A Biography
Cathy Porter ,