Do I pay any shipping charges?
Yes. Shipping charges are different for each country.
What is the Payment method? ,
What will be the approximate delivery period?
- Within India – Seven to ten working days after the receipt of payment
- Rest of the World – Twelve to Fifteen working days after the receipt of payment.
Note: You may be subject to import duties and taxes on certain items, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country. Additionally, when ordering from www.orientblackswan.com you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
How do I know the status of my Order
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. They let you know the status of your order.
How do I track my order?
When books are dispatched, the receipt numbers and the URL of the courier company by which the books have been sent will be e-mailed to you. You can use this information to track your shipment.
How can I return books?
Our replacement policy covers only those books which are damaged in transit. The request for replacement of damaged books must reach us within 15 days of delivery, after which the request will not be entertained. In such cases, either another copy of the book, if available, will be sent to you or a refund of the amount charged minus the handling charges (10%) will be made.
How can I cancel an order?
You can cancel an order at any time before the dispatch of the books. To cancel an order, you may send an email with the subject “Cancellation” to email@example.com. The order cannot be cancelled after the books are dispatched. If we are unable to service your order the amount charged (inclusive of shipping charges, if any) will be refunded to you.
How can I get a refund if an order is cancelled or the books are not supplied?
- The amount will be credited to your account.
Customer Registration Process and Guidelines:
Steps to create an account / register in http://www.aakarbooks.com
1. Type the following URL in the browser: http://www.aakarbooks.com
2. Click on New User Signup
3. Fill in all the fields and click on Create New Account.
4. After successful registration, you can click on the link provided to login or you can log in the following URL: http://www.aakarbooks.com/user. You will also receive an email containing account Login credentials.
Steps to order a book in http://www.aakarbooks.com
1. Click on the add to cart button in the book details page to order.
2. Review your cart and then click on checkout.
3. If you are already a registered user, login with the registered user id and password. Otherwise, create an account in aakarbooks.com by clicking New User Signup link on the login page.
4. Fill in all the details.
5. Click on Review Order.
6. Click submit order button to finish the order.
How customers can protect themselves on online-transactions?
1. Always shop or make payments through trusted / reputed websites and bookmark those sites if you use them regularly.
2. Ensure that the URL of the website is correct by verifying it in the address bar of your computer browser.
3. Do not click on links in emails or on referral websites to visit the online shopping site. Always type the URL in the address bar of the browser to visit the website.
4. Do not enter your confidential account information such as Credit Card Numbers, Expiry Date, CVV values, etc on any pop-up windows.
5. If you are a frequent online shopper, signup for Verify by Visa and Master Card secure code program.
6. Check for PAD LOCK symbol on the webpage before furnishing your Credit Card Numbers, Expiry Date, PIN and CVV values, etc to make payments.
7. Make note of the transaction IDs for future reference incase of disputes.
8. Check your account statements regularly and bring any fraudulent transaction to the notice of Bank.
Do not respond to emails seeking your confidential account information that try to lure you with offers, jobs or prizes etc.