STALWARTS OF INDIAN POLICE
The bookStalwarts of Indian Policeis a humble effort by the Association of Senior Retired IPS Officers (ARSIPSO) to chronicle the great work and achievements, trials and tribulations of eighteen outstanding and charismatic police leaders of the country. They were indeed tall men of courage and vision, who served the country with single-minded dedication and unwavering commitment. They inspired and electrified officers and men serving under them and rendered yeoman service to the country in various ways and capacities. To them, the path of duty was the way to glory.
The contributors of the articles themselves are distinguished senior police and intelligence officers, who had the privilege of serving under these Police Titans, about whom they have written and witnessed their matchless contribution for the security and integrity of the country. The book presents to the readers true-to-life pen portraits of these charismatic leaders and a riveting narration of their sterling work and worth.
Sankar Senpresently, a Senior Fellow at the Institute of Social Sciences, is a distinguished member of the Indian Police Service, allotted to Orissa Cadre. Besides serving with distinction in the statep police, he went on deputation to the Government of India and served as the Additional Director General of the Border Security Force, Director of the SVP National Police Academy in Hyderabad, Director General of the National Human Rights Commission, Special Rapporteur-in-Charge of Custodial Justice Programmes in NHRC, among others. He was awarded the Police Medal for Meritorious Service and President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service. A large number of his articles on police reforms, law enforcement and human rights have appeared in magazines and national dailies in India and abroad. His books include,National Human Rights Commission,National Security: An Overview, Tryst with Law Enforcement and Human Rights, Police Accountability Through Civilian Oversight, Law Enforcement and Cross Border Terrorism, Swami Vivekananda: A Modern Saint and Prophetetc.
Foreword by Ajit Doval
1. B.N. Mullick: The Man and His Mission
2. V.G. Kanetkar: A Man of Honour
3. K.F. Rustamji: The Man Who Saw Tomorrow
4. Achievements of K.F. Rustamji
5. R.N. Kao: Intelligence Chief Who Modelled India’sExternal Strategic Security
Kalyan K. Mitra
6. Ranjit Kumar Gupta: His Life and Career
Ashok K. Abrol
7. My Reminiscences of Ashwini Kumar
8. Imdad Ali
9. R.K. Padhi
Amiya Bhusan Tripathy
10. Girish Chandra (Garry) Saxena
11. B.S. Das: An Inspiring Leader
12. R. Rajgopal: A Charismatic Leader
13. B.K. Roy: A Forgotten Police Cheif
14. K.P.S. Gill: A Lion-Hearted Police Chief!
15. J.N. Chaturvedi (1951 UP): An Unassuming Leader
16. S. Venugopal Rao: A Policeman of Letters
17. Kalyan Rudra
18. Shrawan Tandon
19. Kumar Trishool Dhari Singh
About the Contributors